Just a week after announcing our own action-RPG ( side scrolling beat em up hybrid) Loaded our latest Kickstarter love happens to be a beautiful top top action-RPG.
Delver’s Drop by Pixelscopic
“Delver’s Drop is a 2D Action RPG with fluid physics-based movement, snappy combat, shifting dungeons, and a rogue’s gallery of individually leveled character classes. With an emphasis on mystery and dynamic gameplay experiences, the game features randomization for infinite replay, enigmatic puzzle permutations to unravel, multiple narrative paths, customizable character growth, and layers of secrets to unearth.”
Since February 8th Delver’s Drop has gained almost $17,000 of their $75,000 goal. Given its rapid following early it is a good chance they will reach goal. At first glance the game appears to be a mixture of a top down Zelda game with a roguelike similar to The Binding of Isaac. If your a fan of beautiful art, permadeath ( this game features semi-permadeath) and randomization this game is certainly for you.
What I like about the Campaign:
- Art Style:
- Art is the first thing that pulls any backer towards a campaign
- Having a unique art/lighting style really keeps backers on the page begging for more info
- Gameplay Video
- Pitch video featured a lot of gameplay for players to see how the game will play
- Press Quotes
- Like the back of a retail box consumers love to read glowing press comments
- If you have the opportunity, show your game off to press before a campaign.. the more positive quotes you can get the better!
- Original Rewards
- Two great rewards that I fully expect to sell out are the clay model and hand-sewn plush dolls
What Would I Change?
- Who Are You?
- Having no about the team section was very surprising and hurts the campaign
- Backers love to relate to the developers, not having any pictures / bio is disappointing
- More Art!
- This is the type of game that concept books were made for
- Some concept art / sketches would do wonders towards making the campaign look even nicer